What Is Poli Glow?
Are you a boat or RV owner? You've come to the right place! Learn how to easily protect and restore the shine on your fiberglass boat or RV with Poli Glow® - trusted by customers around the world for over 25 years!
The reason your Boat or RV looks old and faded is a process called oxidation. Oxidation occurs from the elements including UV radiation from the sun, moisture, and high temperatures. This causes the gelcoat to break down, forming a chalky white residue on the surface, a bleached out look to the colors, and cracking or peeling and fading of the decals. The oxidation is generally more extreme in darker-colored vehicles than in lighter colors. As it degrades, the gelcoat loses its protective barrier and becomes even more porous, allowing water and dirt, or oil, gas, and other byproducts from the waterways and roadways to get in and damage and stain that precious gelcoat of your prized possession.
This kit contains the products you need to remove mild to moderate oxidation and uncover the colors without damaging your Boat or RV’s sensitive underlying fiberglass structure or stripping the decals.
If you are looking to achieve superior color, shine, and protection for the surface of your Boat or RV, see why Poli Glow® is considered by many to be “the best product on the market.”
If you’re hoping to restore the slick, shiny coat on an old Boat or RV, Poli Glow® has you covered. Up to 12 months of protection with the first application…up to 6 years of protection with regular recommended maintenance applications of Poli Glow®.
Our Poli Glow® Kit is a tremendous resource for Boat and RV owners and professional detailers alike.
1. If your Boat or RV is dull and faded with mild to moderate oxidation and this is the primary application of Poli Glow®.
2. If you have Poli Glow® on your vehicle that was not maintained well and you need to remove some oxidation without stripping all the Poli Glow® (see the Poli Glow® Maintenance and Removal Guide).
1. Wet your Boat or RV’s surface with water.
2. Dilute the Poli Prep™ concentrate at a 3:1 ratio of water to product and use a trigger spray bottle to apply. Scrub vigorously with the white non-abrasive scrub pad with blue handle and then rinse thoroughly with water. Repeat as necessary.
3. Let it air dry or use our 550 GSM Microfiber Towel to dry your vehicle.
4. Once you have created a uniform, oxidation-free surface, your vehicle is now ready for Poli Glow® application! The surface should look uniformly dull without color changes or blotches. Some of the colors will still appear dull until Poli Glow® has been applied.
5. Moisten the Poli-Mitt™ applicator with water and wring out so that it is damp and not soaked.
6. Shake well, and drizzle several lines of Poli Glow® onto the Poli-Mitt™ applicator. Wring gently to evenly distribute the Poli Glow®. Do not soak the mitt.
7. Apply Poli Glow® in vertical or horizontal strokes and work in four to six foot sections.
8. Poli Glow® should be applied in thin coats, allowing several minutes for each coat to dry in between applications.
Please note: Refer to the Complete Guide to Poli Glow® for more detailed directions for use.
Once all the surface has been prepped and the oxidation and staining have been removed, apply a minimum of 6 to 8 coats of Poli Glow. Please use the Poli Glow® Coating Chart to help determine the number of coats you should apply based on the condition of the gelcoat and the temperature zone in which you live.
"It's easy to use , and it works. The front is the only place I used it.. It looks as good as the sides . I put 4 coats on... Much better than wax and a buffer.. Now is it just lasts..." - L.G.
Super easy to do. Don’t waste your money on ceramic coating your boat. This stuff right here is a miracle. Removed all oxidation and literally brought all the color and shine back to life. Amazing stuff! Follow the directions to the T and it will do wonders. - Ryan B.