Texturize that boat!
Tired of the stained, oxidized, and worn surfaces of the non-skid areas of your Boat where there is a lot of foot traffic? Having trouble removing blood and fish debris and rust stains? Want to make it easy to clean?
Poli Grit™ is a 2 step process that will not only seal the gelcoat, but will also decrease the slickness of the non-skid areas on your Boat by applying a texture to the surface. These non-skid areas will have up to 12 months of protection with the first application…up to 6 years of protection with regular recommended maintenance applications of Poli Grit™.
POLI GRIT™ CAN BE USED ON:
• Stair Treads
Poli Grit™ not only improves the worn finish of these textured surfaces but allows easy removal of stains and footprints with our Poli Wash® product. Before applying Poli Grit™, the surface must be prepped to remove oxidation, stains, and grime using our Poli Prep™ and Poli Ox™ products. Please refer to our Complete Guide to Poli Glow® to review how to prep the surface. Poli Glow® is very slick and should not be used on non-skid areas.
1. If the non-skid areas of your Boat are oxidized and need to be sealed and protected.
2. If the non-skid areas of your Boat are worn and need more texture for traction.
3. If the non-skid area is more than 50 sq ft and you need another kit.
4. If it is time to add the maintenance application to the non-skid area (see the Poli Grit™ Guide).
1. Prep the surface of the non-skid area with Poli Prep™ and Poli Ox™ as you would the hull to remove oxidation and stains. Wash down with Poli Wash® as needed.
2. Let it air dry or use our 550 GSM Microfiber Towel to dry the area.
3. Moisten one of the nap roller covers with water and wring out the excess so that it is damp and not soaked. Insert onto the roller handle.
4. Shake Poli Grit™ Bottle A well, and pour several ounces into the tray. Refill as needed.
5. Moisten the roller with the solution, do not soak, and apply 1 coat onto the surface. If bubbles appear, go back over lightly with the roller. Allow 10-15 minutes to dry. Repeat if more texture is desired.
6. Wash out the tray with warm water and drain. Moisten the second the nap roller cover and insert onto the roller handle. Shake the Poli Grit™ Bottle B well and pour several ounces into the tray. Refill as needed. Moisten the roller with the solution but do not soak.
7. Apply 10 thin coats of Bottle B, allowing several minutes for each coat to dry in between applications.
8. Allow 24-48 hours to cure before use.
Please note: Refer to the Poli Grit™ Guide for more detailed directions for use. One Poli Grit™ Kit will cover up to a 50 sq ft area of non-skid surface.